There’s only one month left to submit your work for the Charlene Kushner Wicked Woman Book Prize! Take a look at our submission requirements and send us your wickedest poetry by the new year to be eligible for the $250 prize and publication of your manuscript by BrickHouse Books.
- November 29th and 30th, 10am–3pm | Principle Gallery, Alexandria, VA
- December 6th, 6–9pm | Prospero’s Bookstore, Manassas, VA
- December 7th, noon–4pm | Barnes & Noble, Hamilton, NJ
- December 15th, 11am–3pm | Book Warehouse, Lancaster, PA
- December 21st, 10am–2pm | Barnes & Noble, Manassas, VA
- December 29th, 10am–2pm | Barnes & Noble, Encinitas, CA
“Kathi has delighted her followers for years with newspaper columns, poetry, essays, and the smartest dialogue since Dorothy Parker took steroids.”
— Grace Cavalieri
Grace Cavalieri, poet and author of the monthly “Exemplars” column in the Washington Independent Review of Books, reviewed Kathi Wolfe’s Love & Kumquats. Cavalieri announced her retirement from “Exemplars;” this is her final column. Read the review here, along with Wolfe’s poem, “To My Eyes.”
We are nearly at the halfway point for the Wicked Woman Book Prize competition. Check out our Submissions page for more information, and remember: the contest closes in January!
Carrie Conners was interviewed by Thomas Fink of Dichtung Yammer. The conversation goes behind the scenes of Luscious Struggle, examining the voice of the narrator character and connecting Conners’ recent and current scholarship to themes in the work. You can read the interview in its entirety here.